2021 Ministry Snapshot
Return to Camp
“Camp moving forward reminded me that the goodness of God is found here in profound ways at Pioneer,” reflected Ned Guest, Director of Special Needs. “Several families of campers communicated to me that their children as well as themselves ‘needed this’ (referring to camp happening). Many of the campers and adults I am responsible for at camp fell under the ‘high risk’ category throughout Covid; even in times of less restriction, they remained isolated at home. Camp was the first social setting many had experienced in a year and a half.”
Time to Build
- A full size ice rink at Circle Square Ranch Halkirk (Alberta), perfect for welcoming the surrounding communities to play their hockey games on site and get to know the Ranch better.
- The new Leadership Centre at Manitoba Pioneer, with just some interior work left to complete.
- Hope Lodge at Circle Square Ranch Big Clear Lake (Ontario), a beautiful year-round accommodation that will enhance our ability to offer conference and retreat space.
- The new Boys Camp Dining Hall at Pioneer Camp Ontario. Walls and roof trusses are in place! We are excited to be moving forward to completing the interior through the winter and spring, praying we will be able to open it next summer.
- Two new cabins at Circle Square Ranch Spruce Woods (Manitoba), which completes our replacement of all the aging wagons.
Real Time with Students
“Andres is an international student from Ecuador. He decided he wanted to follow Jesus in the first month of school, found our group, and has since been a source of life and encouragement within the community. He truly looks for ways to love each person he meets. It has been such an honour to journey with him in discovering more about the Bible and what Jesus is about. After an evening of unpacking each line of the Lord’s prayer at a Large Group event, everyone split into smaller groups to pray together. Andres prayed the Lord’s prayer in Spanish, the way he had learned as a child, but spoke the words from a new place of faith. It was so powerful! It caused those around him to worship!”
“InterVarsity partnered with six other campus ministries to have Welcome Week Worship. We were able to gather 75 students from across Halifax to come together and worship. Students came and shared testimonies of how God has been present to them as they participated in the different ministries.”
Spending Time in Scripture, Creation, and Art
Prayer Walks and Soccer Games
Partnership Beyond Borders
“In November, ten staff from across Europe came to Wrocław, Poland for an IFES International Student Ministry workers meeting. It was the first time I was able to meet other European staff in person and hear about ISM ministry across Europe. Our time together filled me with new enthusiasm and new ideas. Soon after I travelled to Warszawa where I got to lead an inductive manuscript study during the young adult large group at an international church. I also met with a student who I have been talking with for the past year and who recently decided to follow Jesus more intentionally. She told me about the ways God has been speaking to her and it was amazing to see how the Spirit of God has been forming her.”